- 1 cup rolled oats, certified gluten-free
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened gluten-free puffed rice cereal?1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup apricots
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a large baking sheet, spread out rolled oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and coconut. Toast for 5 minutes, mix and stir around ingredients to make sure nothing burns, and bake for an additional 5 minutes before removing from oven.
- Transfer ingredients to a large bowl and add puffed cereal, cherries, raisins, and apricots. Stir to combine.
- Heat a small saucepan to medium-low; melt butter, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, and salt. Stir frequently until the mixture starts to lightly bubble, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and immediately pour into large bowl with nuts and cereal. Stir well to coat evenly.
- Spray 8×8 inch square pan on all sides with cooking spray. Pour mixture from bowl into pan, cover with waxed paper and press down to even out the top. Remove wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bar pieces, and enjoy.
Recipe Courtesy: Dr. Stephen Wangen
Created by: Delight Gluten Free