- ½ c. dairy free margarine (I use Fleischman’s UNSALTED ONLY)
- ⅔ c. soy or rice milk + ½ T. white vinegar (let sit for 5 minutes)
- 2 T. water
- 1 ¼ T. good quality vanilla
- 2 c. unbleached gluten free all purpose flour
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 c. dairy free mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life for this recipe)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 12 muffin cups with dairy free baking spray, set aside.
Melt the dairy free margarine in microwave for 30 seconds, and use a wire whisk to mix with soy milk/vinegar mixture, water and vanilla extract.
Recipe Courtesy: Dr. Stephen Wangen
Thanks to Gluten Free Mama
In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients using a rubber spatula and stir only until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups and bake until tops are light brown, about 20 minutes (every oven bakes differently so start checking around 18 minutes. Cake tester or toothpick should come out clean when inserted in middle.
Cool and serve.