- 4 lbs. Dark Meat Chicken Pieces
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- ½ cup G-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon G-Free Italian Seasonings
- ½ teaspoon dried Basil
- 3 links G-Free Sweet Italian Sausage, casing removed and broken into pieces
- 1 cup Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Carrots, sliced
- ½ lb Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Zinfandel (we recommend Moody Press Cellars)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add ½ of the garlic. Season flour with italian seasoning. Dredge chicken parts in flour, then brown in the skillet for 4 or 5 minutes. Add the sausage, and saute for a few minutes. Add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, basil and the remaining garlic. Stir well.
Add the wine and tomatoes; stir. Cover and let simmer over low heat for 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for another 10 minutes. Let cool covered for 10 minutes.
Serve with G-Free soft polenta or G-Free buttered noodles, fresh salad & great wine. Salute!
Recipe Courtesy: San Joaquin Wine Co.
Let Us Know What You Think