- 1 cup blackberries + more for garnish
- 1.5 oz simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon (or lime) juice
- 4 oz champagne (1 oz = 1 shot)
- 2 oz tequila
- Throw 1 cup blackberries, lemon juice, and sugar (or simple syrup) into a martini shaker. Using a large spoon, crush berries and stir mixture until juicy.
- Add tequila, cap the shaker, and shake until mixture is well-combined.
** Don’t be a dummy like me and shake after adding champagne. Champagne is fizzy, and shaking it will just cause you to have a messy, red explosion all over your counters. You could also just combine all the ingredients in a carafe and stir vigorously.
- Uncap shaker and pour mixture directly into 2 champagne glasses. Divide champagne between glasses, and stir gently.
** You can strain the liquid out, or leave the fruit chunks. I personally think this drink tastes better with crushed pieces of fruit adding extra flavor.
- Garnish with more blackberries and some mint.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Just Putzing Around the Kitchen (we love her!)
Let Us Know What You Think