- ½ cup Pomegranate Seeds, fresh or thawed
- ⅓ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar or Raspberry Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- 2 large Navel Oranges
- 3 bunches Arugula, tough stems removed
- 1 small Red Onion, sliced crosswise into thin rings
Measure ⅓ cup of the pomegranate seeds and reserve for garnish. Press on the remaining seeds with the back of a spoon to release about 2 Tbs. juice. Discard the crushed seeds.
Add the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper to the pomegranate juice. Whisk until blended.
Using a small, sharp knife, cut a slice off the top and bottom of each orange to expose the flesh. Place each orange upright on a cutting board and thickly slice off the peel in strips, following the contour of the orange to expose the flesh. Holding the orange over a large bowl, cut along either side of each section, letting the section drop into the bowl. Add the arugula and red onion, separating the onion slices into rings. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, then toss to coat evenly.
Divide the salad among individual plates, distributing the orange sections evenly. Garnish with the reserved pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy: Stiebs