- 3 Granny or other tart apples, peeled, cored, and small dice (6 cups)
- 2 Vidalia or other sweet onion, medium dice (3 cups)
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Place all ingredients in large pot and allow to cook down for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until most of the liquid evaporates. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Remove cinnamon stick and bay leaf, store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Serve with cheese, over meats, or as a side dish during holiday meals.