Try this Pistachio Chocolate Chip Protein Powerball recipe from KC the G-Free Foodie.
Make no mistake about it, we love powerballs. This Pistachio Chocolate Chip Powerball recipe is supercharged goodness in a two-bite sized package, perfect before a workout, as a nighttime nibble or to get out of a 3pm slump! My kiddo loves them too, and I feel pretty good about popping a couple of these in her lunchbox.
One of the great things about powerballs is you can switch around the flavors – try different nut butters and mix-ins to make the blend your own. I like cashew butter in this recipe – I think it pairs well with the pistachios, chocolate and coconut, but pretty much any nut butter ( or Nutella!) will work.
The protein powder I normally use is from Vega, and I use their Vanilla flavor for powerballs, smoothies and anytime I want to add protein to a recipe. They don’t pay me, I just knew some of y’all would ask!
3 balls = one serving.
Gluten-Free Pistachio Chocolate Chip Powerball Recipe
- 1 cup Nut Butter (your favorite flavor)
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey (use maple for vegan)
- 3 tablespoon protein powder (I used Vega Vanilla Sport)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup shredded coconut, not sweetened
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Place nut butter, maple syrup or honey and vanilla in the bowl of a standing mixer. Mix on medium speed using the paddle attachment until thoroughly combined. Add the protein powder and salt and mix again, then add the coconut and mix, and follow with the oats and mix thoroughly. Add in the pistachios and chocolate chips, mix to fully combine. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time and roll into balls. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Let Us Know What You Think