Try this recipe for Maple Nut Protein Powerballs from KC the G-Free Foodie.
Make no mistake about it, my family is nuts for powerballs. Also called bliss balls (and a number of other names) – they’re supercharged goodness in a two-bite sized package, perfect before a workout, as a nighttime nibble or to get out of a 3pm slump! My kiddo loves them too, and I feel pretty good about popping a couple of these in her lunchbox. This maple-pecan blend is one of my favorite combinations.
One of the great things about protein powerballs is you can sw
itch around the flavors – try different nut butters and mix-ins to make the blend your own. The protein powder I normally use is from Vega, and I use their Vanilla flavor for powerballs, smoothies and anytime I want to add protein to a recipe. They don’t pay me, I just knew some of y’all would ask!
3 balls = one serving.
Gluten-Free Maple Pecan Protein Powerballs Recipe
- 1 cup Nut Butter (your favorite flavor)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon protein powder (I used Vega Vanilla Sport)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup pecans
- Place nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla in the bowl of a standing mixer. Mix on medium speed using the paddle attachment until thoroughly combined. Add the protein powder and salt and mix again, then add the oats one cup at a time and mix thoroughly. Add in the raisins and pecans and mix to fully combine. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time and roll into balls. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Let Us Know What You Think