I love Chicken Piccata – it’s one of my simple go-to dishes that both my daughter Sam and I love, and it takes just minutes to make. Erika, the Founder of GFF Magazine feels the same way – Chicken Piccata is one of the dishes her daughter Viva will always say yes to! I took Erika’s Gluten Free version – the one she featured in the first issue of GFF – and made it Paleo-Friendly too. Give it a try & let me know what you think – I’m betting this Chicken Piccata will be a hit in your house too
Easy Paleo-Friendly Chicken Piccata Recipe
A classic chicken recipe made gluten-free and paleo, with all the fresh delicious flavors you love. You'll love it more than the original, trust us.
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 thickness
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons European butter or Ghee (coconut oil could also work)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup capers
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley, for garnish
- Combine the tapioca starch, salt and a pinch of pepper in a pie dish or rimmed dinner plate. Dredge the chicken breasts in the mixture. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter or ghee and the chicken breasts, and saute for 3 minutes or until browned on one side. Flip the chicken and saute for 3 minutes on the other side. Remove the chicken and reserve. Keep the pan over medium high heat, and add the remaining butter or ghee and white wine, and let the mixture simmer to reduce by half, 2-4 minutes. Add the capers and lemon juice and stir to combine. Season with salt to taste, return chicken to pan to coat with the sauce, and serve.