KC the G-Free Foodie shows you how to make Honey BBQ Sweet Potato Chips, they’re both Gluten Free & Paleo-delicious.
This is a great snack. It works for those on a Gluten Free or Paleo diet obviously, but I’m talking ANYONE – kids, teens, adults, during the game, 1 am when you’re binge-watching your favorite show, whatever. These work.
You can adjust the chip slices to your desired thickness – super thin will give you an extra-crunchy sweet potato chip (and may burn easier) and thicker is suitable for dipping. I recommend using a Mandoline or hand-held slicer.
Don’t be afraid to adjust the seasonings – kick up the chili powder for a little more spice, or add some dry mustard. The sky is the limit on chip seasoning!
Honey BBQ Sweet Potato Chips
KC the G-Free Foodie's easy and delicious recipe for homemade Honey BBQ Sweet Potato Chips. Gluten-free and Paleo-friendly.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or regular, if you don’t have smoked. why don’t you have smoked?
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line with a Silpat.
- Slice the sweet potato into thin rounds using a knife or a mandolin.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, 1/4 tsp of the salt, and honey. Stir to blend well. Coat each sweet potato slice. In a separate bowl, mix the spices together.
- Lay chips flat on baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with spices.
- Bake at 350 for 15-22 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chips. Allow to brown around edges and cook through. Sprinkle immediately with the rest of the salt.