It’s National Peanut Butter Lovers Day! The G-Free Foodie Team thinks we should all celebrate with this fabulous chocolate cake, topped with peanut butter glaze – St. Joanie’s bundt pan is already in the oven.
I’m a bundt cake girl. I love the ease of putting them together. No layers. No fuss. The drizzle of the glaze, which happens to look more irresistible when it’s not so perfect. For some reason, they are always the moistest cakes too. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s the thickness of the cake that helps. All I know is bundt cakes have my heart.
I was looking for a new bundt cake recipe and I realized I haven’t shared a chocolate version on here. How is that even possible?! This chocolate bundt cake is crazy good and crazy moist. I bumped up the chocolate factor and added mini chocolate chips to the batter. That peanut butter glaze, yah, it really is as amazing as it looks. Not too sweet and it’s just enough peanut butter to the chocolate cake. Those mini chips on top…totally necessary. This whole Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake is totally necessary.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake, Gluten Free and Vegan
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
- 2 cups Sarah’s gluten free flour blend
- 3/4 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup So Delicious Dairy Free unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 TBSP sunflower seed or canola oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
peanut butter glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Pour batter into prepared bundt cake pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto cooling rack and cool completely.
- To make peanut butter glaze, blend together powdered sugar, peanut butter, coconut milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth and creamy. Pour over over cooled cake, letting it drizzle down sides of cake. Sprinkle 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips on top. Slice and serve.