It’s National Chili Day (and REALLY cold in lots of the country). We thought you might like this delicious Gluten-Free Turkey and White Bean Chili recipe by way of Brynne Cramer, the Gluten Free Hungry Gal…enjoy!
Article courtesy of Brynne Cramer, Gluten Free Hungry Gal
Gluten-Free Turkey And White Bean Chili Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound ground dark-meat turkey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 4 ounce cans diced green chilies
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped for garnish
- Toppings of your choice such as finely chopped red onionm minced red jalapeno, diced peeled avocado
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and pepper flakes and saute until the onion is translucent, about eight minutes. Add the cumin and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the turkey and sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper. Cook until the turkey is no longer pink, breaking up the meat with a spoon, about four minutes.
- Add the beans and 2/3 cup of their liquid to the pot along with the broth, green chilies, cream, and marjoram. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat and simmer to blend the flavors, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes; thin with more bean liquid, if desired.
- Taste the chili and adjust the seasoning. Spoon into warmed bowls and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve right away with the toppings in bowls alongside.
- Enjoy your gluten-free turkey and white bean chili.