Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs Recipe with Bacon is a perfect recipe for meal-prepping or for feeding a crowd without much effort. And it’s DELICIOUS.
Have you wondered how to cook moist, flavorful boneless + skinless chicken thighs in the oven? It’s totally possible and really easy.
The key is to use a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet and a hot oven. This process allows the chicken to cook quickly and evenly, which preserves the moisture in the chicken, in addition to saving time. I usually do 6 thighs at a time, which provides dinner for my family with some leftovers for the next day. You could definitely kick this up to 8 thighs without changing much, or double the recipe for meal prep or to feed a crowd.
This sheet pan chicken thighs recipe is super versatile too. I chop them up for salads and wraps, add the meat to ramen or rice bowls, and eat then just as they are. Since I want pumped up flavor that enhances my dishes instead of muddling them, I use a of bit mustard and vinegar for my sauce. I’ve tried my favorite Red Pepper Vinaigrette (of course I have) and loved the results, so feel free to play around with the sauce a bit.
I added bacon to the mix on a whim, and I pretty much use it every time I make this sheet pan chicken things recipe now. It adds tons of flavor + moisture, and gives me added options for meal prep too – I’m not really a fan of eating the same thing over and over, so I switch up the salads and wraps by adding bacon and other fixings.
Give this recipe a try for perfectly baked boneless skinless chicken thighs!
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs Recipe With Bacon
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 7-8 pieces thick-cut gluten-free bacon
- Place oven rack in the center position, and heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Set a stainless steel wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet and set aside. (For easier clean-up, line the sheet pan with foil first.)
- Whisk the olive oil, Dijon and balsamic in a large bowl to make a smooth sauce. Combine the salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the chicken to the sauce and toss to coat well. Remove the chicken thighs one at a time and season on both sides with the salt and pepper, then arrange on the wire rack in a single layer.
- Drape the bacon over the chicken thighs in a single layer. Roast the chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature measures at 165 degrees. Remove from the oven and cover with foil for 8-10 minutes to allow the chicken to rest (this allows for juicy, tender chicken.) Serve and enjoy.
- *Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3 days.