Love Coconut Shrimp? This easy, Gluten Free version will earn you raves from the family.
Baked Coconut Shrimp used to be one of my favorite foods even before going gluten-free. Really anything seafood related has always been my favorite so I'm definitely glad to make a gluten-free recipe like this. Most of the recipes I share are usually dessert related even though the majority of what I eat isn't actually desserts. I eat mostly natural foods, not because I have to, but because it makes me feel best. This gluten free baked coconut shrimp recipe is super easy to make and it's one of my all time favorites too that everyone would enjoy.
Coconut Shrimp; Easy, Gluten Free
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp – peeled
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup coconut flour I use Mama’s Coconut Flour Blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon of coconut oil at a time
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil until hot.
- Beat the eggs with a teaspoon of water, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Mix the shredded coconut and coconut flour in a separate small dish.
- Dip each shrimp into the egg mixture and then into the coconut flour/coconut until well coated.
- Cook approximately 2-3 minutes per side in hot oil until crispy.
- Note: Dump out coconut oil and add more oil if the oil starts to burn or turn brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!