The G-Free Foodie Team thinks that macaroons and Easter just go together. Here's a treat from Sarah Hornacek, one of our favorite gluten free bakers!
gluten free vegan chocolate-dipped macaroons
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon Sarah’s gluten free flour blend
- ⅓ cup So Delicious lite culinary coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Pascha dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In small saucepan, stir together coconut milk, cane sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Add shredded coconut and flour. Mix until fully combined. Simmer coconut mixture over low heat for 2-3 minutes, just until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Using cookie scoop, place scoops of coconut mixture onto baking sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden brown. Place macaroons on cooling rack to cool. While macaroons cool, melt chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl on low for 30 seconds or over double broiler. When almost melted, remove from heat and stir until completely melted. Dip bottoms of macaroons into chocolate, tapping off excess. Set on parchment paper to set. Store in air-tight container.
Recipe courtesy: Sarah Hornacek