The G-Free Foodie Team thinks that macaroons and Easter just go together. Here's a treat from Sarah Hornacek, one of our favorite gluten free bakers!
One of the hardest things for me to find with all of my food allergies...CHOCOLATE! Not just any chocolate, but good quality chocolate. Chocolate that left me satisfied and wanting more. I'm a baker so not only do I love to eat my beloved dark chocolate, I love to bake with it too. It's an essential part of life. Chocolate and baking. They just go together.
I can't even tell you how excited I was when I discovered Pascha Organic Chocolate at the Food Allergy Bloggers Conference last year. Blown away! Their chocolate is not only organic and non-GMO, but it's free of the top 8 allergens. That's right, no dairy, gluten, nuts, eggs or soy. I was probably most excited about their semi-sweet dark chocolate chips. Made of only 4 simple ingredients...sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter and vanilla. All organic, all allergen free. They are seriously magically creamy and delicious!
Pascha Chocolate recently sent me a little chocolate care package and asked me to bake away! I had my heart set on making these chocolate-dipped macaroons for months so I knew just what to make. Baking chewy coconut macaroons without eggs is easier than you think and my friends, they are mighty tasty too. A perfect Easter treat to fill up your Easter basket or pass out to friends.
Have I intrigued you with this AMAZING chocolate? Pascha Organic Chocolate also has their chocolate bars and they are my new favorite. I can literally eat the entire bar, especially the one with coffee. No guilt. No shame. You can find out more about Pascha Organic Chocolate on their website, as well as facebook and twitter. I love finding brands that take pride in making their products from the best ingredients and also taking into consideration those with food allergies. Way to go, Pascha!
gluten free vegan chocolate-dipped macaroons
I had my heart set on making these chocolate-dipped macaroons for months so I knew just what to make. Baking chewy coconut macaroons without eggs is easier than you think and my friends, they are mighty tasty too.
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon Sarah’s gluten free flour blend
- ⅓ cup So Delicious lite culinary coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Pascha dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In small saucepan, stir together coconut milk, cane sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Add shredded coconut and flour. Mix until fully combined. Simmer coconut mixture over low heat for 2-3 minutes, just until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Using cookie scoop, place scoops of coconut mixture onto baking sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden brown. Place macaroons on cooling rack to cool. While macaroons cool, melt chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl on low for 30 seconds or over double broiler. When almost melted, remove from heat and stir until completely melted. Dip bottoms of macaroons into chocolate, tapping off excess. Set on parchment paper to set. Store in air-tight container.
Recipe courtesy: Sarah Hornacek
Let Us Know What You Think