I love to dish with Foodies in the know - so here's the first of my "10 Questions with KC" posts - with Atlanta Chef, Founder of YEAH! Burger & Fry Guy Shaun Doty.
1. Tell me about YEAH! Burger. Why did you choose to offer Grass-fed Beef, Organic products & Gluten Free options? YEAH! BURGER re-imagines the classic American burger joint as a fast-casual eatery committed to sustainability and natural and organic ingredients. The restaurant serves customizable burgers, nitrate-free hot dogs, hand-cut French fries and onion rings, organic salads and organic ice cream. We chose to offer these grass-fed, organic and gluten free options because it is extremely important to me to give guests the ability to customize their meal based upon their preferred diet or desired flavor profile. I want to give diners choices to fit their different lifestyles; using quality ingredients and creating a built-to-order menu allows us to do so.
2. How about options for Dairy, Nut, & Egg Free or Vegetarian diners? We have options for most any dietary restrictions.
3. Your second location just opened. Got plans for more? Yes, we plan to open many more YEAH! BURGERs.
4. You did a dinner at the James Beard House. What was that like? It was a great honor. The kitchen there is the size of a New York apartment kitchen so it was a little tight getting everything done!
5. I’ve never been to Atlanta. What should I know that I can’t learn from watching the Real Housewives? There is a lot of traffic and a lot of trees!
6. What spots should Foodies hit when they’re in your town? In addition to your restaurants, of course. Bella Cucina in Virginia-Highland, Alon’s Bakery in Morningside, Perrine’s Wine Shop in the Westside Provisions District and the Young Blood Gallery (although not a restaurant, they showcase great local, emerging artists).
7. Got a food or beverage you can’t live without? Honest Tea
8. Can you give the Gluten Free home cooks a tip or two on getting restaurant flavor? Experiment with spices and fresh herbs. They add a depth of flavor to your dishes. Cumin and cilantro are two good examples.
9. If we opened your refrigerator at home, what would we find? Baby food!
10. If you had to eat the same item from your menu every day, what would you choose? A classic grass-fed burger with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and Yeah! sauce.