Try this simple recipe for Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from A Girl Defloured on G-Free Foodie.
- seeds from one pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Scrape the seeds out of one medium sized pumpkin, separate from the guts and gooey stuff (which you can discard), and rinse the seeds well in a colander. Pour the seeds onto a clean dishtowel and rub dry.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place seeds on a large, rimmed baking sheet and toss with the olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with the salt, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Roast seeds for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and crunchy. Store in an air-tight container.
Recipe Courtesy: Alison Needham