It's so easy to get bogged down in the day-to-day grind, especially for those of us with kids, jobs and households to run - throw in an auto-immune disease or two, and that's plenty to occupy your time. I've been trying hard to focus on the good in my life, the positive, the things that are better or even happily the same as this time last year (admittedly, sometimes I can't quite look as far back as last year, sometimes I've gotta be thankful for things going well in the last day - or hour!) and I thought I'd share some of the things I'm thankful for today. Feel free to add the things you're thankful for, or the things you're looking forward to as comments if you wish -
- Being surrounded by an amazing family, including my lovely daughter and strong, supportive parents - plus a gaggle of the coolest cousins a girl could have
- Great Friends: new, old & recently reconnected - all of whom go by nicknames! (Love to the Mad-Chows, The Portuguese Dream Team, Winehead, Oak Tree, P-Kakes, Zumbalicious, Scuba Steve, Patrick Star, Fun Amy, Lush, Dinny, Dr. Chrissy + the Lionking, plus all the rest of you!)
- Friends Thanksgiving - love the Friday after turkey day!
- My health, and my doctor's ability to diagnose my issues so they can be addressed
- Being surrounded by like-minded, uplifting people
- Working with some of the best people I've ever met, and being able to help people with the work we do.
- The rare occasions when I get to stay in bed 'til 10am
- My Keurig coffeemaker. Steph & Kevin were right, that thing has changed my life
- The fact that we can't add restaurants to our G-Free Foodie Gluten Free Restaurant database fast enough, because so many places are offering great G-Free options
- Cowboy boots
And so much more - Happy Thanksgiving everyone, with love from the original G-Free Foodie -