The Fatigue Panel includes lab tests for ruling out the most common causes of fatigue: hypothyroidism (low thyroid function), iron deficiency, anemia, and vitamin B12 deficiency. These problems along with food allergies are the most common causes of fatigue and the easiest to diagnose with blood tests. They are also readily treatable. This panel is highly recommended if you suffer from fatigue.
Hypothyroidism is a frequently missed diagnosis, even if you’ve been told that your thyroid was tested and is normal. Iron deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency, and anemia are common causes of fatigue and are frequently overlooked.
The Fatigue Panel includes the following tests:
- TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
- T3 (Free) (Thyroid hormone)
- T4 (thyroxine)(Thyroid hormone)
- Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin antibodies
- Ferritin (Iron Storage level)
- Iron total/TIBC/%saturation (Total iron binding capacity)
- Vitamin B12 level
- Folate RBC CBC (Complete Blood Count, for assessing anemia)
Article Courtesy: Dr. Stephen Wangen
Image thanks to mainlinetoday
Let Us Know What You Think