The organization Youth for Understanding is looking for gluten-free and allergy-friendly host families for foreign exchange students.
Does your family prepare gluten-free meals? Brave Youth for Understanding (YFU) students are ready to venture beyond their personal and national boundaries. Consider opening your home to an eager student of who can relate and appreciate the special care you give to your family. Students from Asia, Europe and South America and Africa are crossing their boundaries and arriving soon.
As one of the world’s oldest and largest exchange organizations, YFU has provided study abroad opportunities to over 250,000 high school students for more than 60 years.
All YFU Students:
- Have their own medical insurance
- Receive ongoing support in the U.S. from their local volunteer representative
- Have English language proficiency and received good grades
- Are carefully selected through a rigorous application process
- Participate in preparatory orientations before coming to the U.S.
- Have their own spending money
To learn more, please visit the YFU website at www.YFU-USA.org or call 866.4.YFU.USA.
This article was originally posted by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, find it here.
Let Us Know What You Think