I’ve got a super easy, super fun recipe over at Ask Anna today. Homemade fruit snacks! Yes, homemade. From scratch. Nothing artificial or processed in these little guys. Just fresh fruit, a little fruit juice, a splash of maple syrup for sweetness and unflavored gelatin. I only use the good stuff. Gelatin from grass-fed cows and it’s 100% protein. These fruit snacks are simply 100% delicious!
With Easter coming, this would be a great treat to make for your kids. No added refined sugars and no dyes. Just pure goodness. I tried them using strawberries and mangos. My kids went for the strawberry and I went for the mango. Both yummy! Trust me. Once you make these homemade fruit snacks, it will just feel like a crime buying them in the store. Homemade is ALWAYS better!
Homemade Fruit Snacks
There's nothing artificial or processed in these homemade fruit snacks - just fresh fruit, a little fruit juice, a splash of maple syrup for sweetness and unflavored gelatin.
Servings: 12 people
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen fruit
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 5 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- Prepare 8-inch baking dish* by lining with parchment paper (for easy removal). In medium saucepan, add fruit, orange juice and maple syrup. Cook over medium-low heat, just to soften fruit. Turn off heat and carefully pour mixture into blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan. Turn heat to low and slowly add gelatin. Continue to whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved and no clumps remain. Pour into prepared pan. Place in refrigerator for about 1-2 hours, until set. Remove from pan and cut into 1/2-inch squares (a pizza cutter works great!). Store in air-tight container. These fruit snacks to not have to be refrigerated, but we prefer to keep them chilled.
Article courtesy of Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats