I have got to say that Peppermint Candy Ice Cream is one of my most favorite ice creams ever, I can’t wait until Christmas to share this recipe because I crave this all year round. I know that this ice cream only comes out around the holidays, but lucky for us we can make this anytime we want. The kids were no where around when I started making this peppermint candy ice cream yesterday, but this morning they could smell the peppermint in the air as the ice cream was churning and kept asking when it was going to be ready, lucky for them it didn’t take long after it went into the freezer. I hope you enjoy this little heavenly treat as much as we do!!
Vegan Gluten-Free Peppermint Candy Ice Cream
- 1 11 ounce Container SO Delicious Culinary Original Coconut Milk
- 2 11 ounce Container SO Delicious Culinary Light Coconut Milk
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ⅔ cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1-¼ teaspoons Organic Peppermint Extract
- 12 Peppermint Candy Disks, Coarsely Chopped
- 4 Drops Organic Food Coloring, Optional
- In a blender place full fat coconut milk, light coconut milk, sugar, xanthan gum, and peppermint extract.
- Blend for two minutes.
- Place ingredients in a glass bowl and refrigerate over night or at least 4 hours.
- Place mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions, during the last 5 minutes add peppermint candy and food coloring.
- Place ice cream into the freezer and freeze until ice cream becomes firm.
Recipe by Rachelle Himmelman, Gluten Free Baking By Rachelle
Let Us Know What You Think