Recipe courtesy of Alison Needham, A Girl Defloured
- 1 dozen fresh California figs
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto
- 4 ounces manchego cheese
- 2 handfuls of wild arugula (rocket)
- 1/4 cup marinated olives
- 1 tablespoons fig balsamic vinegar (or other good quality balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, stem and quarter the figs. Evenly space on a large board or tray.
- Tear each slice of prosciutto in half and place on the board with the figs.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the manchego cheese into thin slices and sprinkle over the figs and cheese. Top with the olives and arugula.
- Try to be artful about the placement of each item. This is not a tossed salad and should look casually elegant. Drizzle the top of the salad with balsamic vinegar and oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.