Gluten Free Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
Need a treat that doesn't require turning on the oven, that the kids love too? These rice krispie treats are easy and delicious.
Servings: 24 treats
- 3 tablespoons butter or Earth Balance dairy free butter
- 40 regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups gluten free crispy rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 oz. bag freeze-dried strawberries slightly crushed (found at Target and Trader Joe’s)
Prepare 11×17-inch or 2 8×8-inch square baking dishes by lining with parchment paper or spraying with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. In large pot, melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat. When melted and smooth, remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir in crispy rice cereal and strawberries. Mix until evenly coated.
Press mixture into prepared pans. Let cool until set, about an hour. Remove rice crispy treats from pan. Place on cutting board and cut into bars. Store in air-tight container.