No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars
KC the G-Free Foodie shows you how to make No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars that are Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and totally delicious. Kids love them, but grown-ups will too!
Servings: 8 bars
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cups granola I used Bakery on Main’s Apple Raisin Walnut
- 1 cup gluten free rice cereal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup semisweet dairy free chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life
In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, and coconut oil. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Add the granola, rice cereal, and raisins to the saucepan and fold the ingredients to evenly coat with the sauce. Transfer the granola mixture to a 9-by-13-inch ungreased baking pan and press firmly to evenly fill. Gently press the chocolate chips onto the top of the granola. Let the granola mixture set in the refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes. Then, cut into bars or squares.