Saucy Creole Shrimp
A tasty dish inspired by Southern cooking, this Saucy Creole Shrimp is loaded with flavor and comes together in a snap.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp GF creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 8 oz. clam juice
- 1.5 lbs 16-20 count shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 tbsp GF Worcestershire sauce*
- 1 tbsp Louisiana-style hot sauce plus more for serving
- 1.5 cooked white rice for serving
- 1 green onion diced for serving (optional)
Warm butter or olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepot. Add celery, green pepper, onion and Creole seasoning. Cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle tapioca starch over vegetables, and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes or until the tomatoes are very soft. Scrape up all browned bits and stir in clam juice. Heat to simmering on high.
Add shrimp, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until shrimp are just cooked, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice and top with hot sauce and green onion, if desired.
a Good Housekeeping recipe conversion
* for Paleo, swap for coconut aminos and and extra 1/4 teaspoon of creole seasoning
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 306mg | Sodium: 1148mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 728IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 3mg