ENDIVE CUPS WITH PANCETTA & POMEGRANATE
Serving salad during appetizer hour can be a challenge. This Endive Cups with Pancetta and Pomegranate recipe is a quick and elegant solution.
Servings: 24 servings
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces thinly sliced pancetta sliced into strips
- 1 cup chopped peeled and cored fresh pears
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese optional
- 24 Belgian endive leaves about 2 heads
In a large non-stick skillet heat the olive oil over medium, add pancetta to skillet and stir occasionally until crisp, about 8 minutes. While pancetta is cooking, toss the pear, pomegranate arils and parsley together in a medium sized bowl and season with black pepper.
When the pancetta is ready, pour the contents of the skillet (fat included) over the pear mixture and stir to combine. Then add the feta cheese and toss to combine.
Place endive leaves on a serving plate or platter. Fill each leaf with with the pear and pomegranate mixture. Serve and enjoy.
This appetizer can be served slightly warm or room temperature.
Make it dairy free & Paleo-friendly: omit the Feta Cheese
Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg