Simple Gluten-Free Cucumber Salad
This cucumber salad is light, fresh and crunchy, and makes the perfect pairing to your favorite spring and summer main dishes. And best of all, you can make it ahead of time!
Servings: 4 people
- 3 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 tsp GF tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- squeeze of lemon juice, optional but encouraged
- 1 large or 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 3 mini sweet peppers or 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- about 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk the sesame oil, vinegar, tamari, pepper, salt and lemon juice to combine. Add the sliced cucumber, peppers and parsley, and stir to coat. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight contain in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2850IU | Vitamin C: 116.4mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.5mg