Spiced Pomegranate Sangria
A cocktail recipe that's loaded with warm spices and delicious fruit, all this Spiced Pomegranate Sangria recipe needs is an excuse to throw a party...
Servings: 6 people
- 1 750-ml bottle full-bodied red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 zest and juice of 1 orange
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 3 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- pomegranate arils and clove-studded orange, for garnish (optional, but encouraged!) slices
Pour the wine into a large pan and add cinnamon sticks, orange zest and juice, cloves, star anise and ginger. Bring the mixture just to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool, pour into a pitcher, and refrigerate.
When the wine has fully cooled, add the pomegranate juice to the pitcher and stir. Serve over ice, topped with pomegranate arils and clove studded orange slices.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 311mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg