Dairy-Free Basil Cream Sauce And Zoodles Recipe
A fresh and creamy zoodles (zucchini noodles) recipe from Chef Hillori Hansen, with Dairy-Free Basil Cream Sauce that's deliciously garlicky and super easy.
Servings: 3 people
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup cashews soaked until soft*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 2 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- *Typically you need to soak nuts a minimum of 3-6 hours to get them soft. Soak in water rinse and drain.
For the zucchini noodles and assembly
- 4 medium zucchini
- Salt for sprinkling noodles
- 1 cup cherry or pear tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup basil cream sauce
- 3 large basil leaves, chopped
Blend cashews, water, lemon juice and zest, nutritional yeast, miso & garlic until smooth.
Add chopped garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Blend on lowest speed to incorporate.
Spiralize the noodles or use a peeler to shave around the zucchini into thin strip pieces (roughly 4 cups).
Sprinkle salt over noodles and let rest for about 15 minutes (this should pull out water from the noodles).
Rinse and pat the noodles dry with paper towels.
Stir in the sauce, tomatoes and toasted pine nuts.
Garnish with chopped basil.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 1282mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1188IU | Vitamin C: 79mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 6mg