Easy California Roll Salad With Dynamite Dressing
Sushi is delicious, but it doesn't have to take a master chef to whip it up on a weeknight. This California roll salad has all the sushi flavors you love, with half the effort.
Servings: 1 person
for the Salad:
- 1/2 cup cooked sushi rice
- 6 oz. fresh crab meat (Dungeness is best)
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- 3-5 slices cucumber
- 1 sheet dried seaweed, nori, sliced
- 1 TBSP pickled ginger
- sesame seeds and minced chives, for garnish
- 3-4 TBSP Dynamite dressing, recipe below
- 1 tsp wasabi powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 TBSP GF tamari soy sauce
- 2 ½ TBSP sriracha, or less, to taste
- 5-7 chives, minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
Place the rice on the center of a plate. Top the rice with the crab meat, and arrange avocado, cucumber, seaweed and ginger around the rice. Top the salad with sesame seeds and chives, serve with Dynamite dressing. Enjoy.
Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth. Add more sriracha or wasabi if you prefer a spicier dressing.