**Thanks to Heidi E. for the great picture! We’ll be choosing pics via Twitter, Instagram & Facebook from our members each month – if we choose yours, you’ll get a special treat! Be sure to tag G-Free Foodie!**
Ahhhhh, October. The time to celebrate Fall flavors, wrap ourselves in warm + cozy blankets, pull out the slow cookers and start thinking about pumpkin spice, turkey gravy & holiday cheer. At least that’s what everyone seems to be doing! The October G-Free Foodie Box Club Shipment was full of Fall-tastic flavor! In addition to the 5 G-Free Foodie approved artisan food products they scored, our members received the first copies of Cooking with Pomegranates, a recipe book by KC & her favorite food photographer, James Collier, plus a 22 Days Pineapple Chocolate Chip Wonder Energy Bar!
Here’s what our Gluten Free & Gluten Free + Dairy Free members boxes contained – plus they got recipes, servings ideas & other Members-Only info.
- Glutino Sesame Pretzel Rings: I’m not sure I’ve met a Gluten Free Pretzel I didn’t like, but these are special. The sesame seeds give a toasty flavor I love, and the light, crunchy texture of these pretzels – they aren’t quite as dense as some of the others I’ve tried, which makes eating the entire bag with black bean dip a little easier.
- Busseto Green Peppercorn Salami: We love Busseto Foods at G-Free Foodie, and I had a difficult time deciding which of their salumi to send to you first! A traditional salami made the most sense, but this one is kicked up with a few green peppercorns that really make the flavor sing. If you’ve got some red wine around, pull the cork & have yourself a party.
- Gary’s Organic Greek Dressing: When I tried this incredible dressing at local farmer’s market, I knew I had to get it for all of you! Loaded with garlic & spices with a hint of sweetness from raisin puree, I was sure it would be as good on meat as it was on produce. I was right. Pour it on your salads, swirl it into plain Greek yogurt for delicious dip, on get all Greek’d out like I did with lamb! * the Organic Fermented Soy Sauce in the product is 100% soy
- You Sweet Thing Pomegranate Jelly: Here’s news: our members were the first people, ever, to see our pomegranate recipe book! Now how could I send a pomegranate book & not send a little pomegranate somethin’? That just wouldn’t be right! Margaret from You Sweet Thing makes a delicious pomegranate jelly, and while I love her elderberry jelly too, pomegranate will always have my heart. It’s pretty close to my Gramma’s jelly – so now you’ll have a little glimpse of what my childhood tasted like.
- Golden Pheasant Polenta: Wondering why I sent a bag of polenta? I’ll tell you why. This is the best polenta there is: the one my Gramma uses, the one my Mom uses, the one I use. Beyond that, I cannot believe how many people tell me polenta is too hard to make, or that they can’t find good Gluten Free Cornbread. I’m here to help.
Check out www.foodieboxclub.com for Gluten Free Box Club details!
Happy Noshing –