Cookies, Cookies, Cookies, we all love cookies in this house. I have recently had to go on more of a restrictive diet these days and have decided to try out some vegan recipes, not just vegan but gluten free and vegan combined. I really enjoy working with all different types of ingredients.
My family really doesn’t know the difference if I used flaxseed meal opposed to using eggs and or applesauce. My husband Chris is so funny, he will eat almost any sweet treat that I make and I usually can tell right away if he likes it or not, he really never needs to tell me otherwise. He truly enjoyed these iced oatmeal cookies and asked if I would please pack some for his lunch, let me not forget the kids as they were sneaking cookies every time they entered the kitchen and acted sneaky. I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we do.
Recipe adapted From: Fork and Beans
Vegan Gluten-Free Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- ½ Cup Butter Softened, DF Earth Balance
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal + 2 Tablespoons Warm Water, Stirred Until Thickened
- 1 Cup Gluten-free Quick Cooking Oats
- ¼ Cup Brown Rice Flour
- ¼ Cup Sorghum Flour
- ¼ Cup Potato Starch
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Xanthum gum
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1 Cup Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons SO Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk
- In a stand mixer add brown sugar, butter, and flaxseed meal mixture
- Cream mixture until fluffy.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl combine brown rice flour, sorghum, potato starch, ground cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, and xanthum gum.
- Mix all dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little at a time until fully combined.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool fully on a wire rack.
- Using a small bowl add powdered sugar, and milk.
- Whisk mixture until smooth and runny.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon frost cooled cookies.