Recipe courtesy of Just Putzing Around the Kitchen
- 5 to 6 cups watermelon, cubed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 sprigs mint
- ½ cup lemon juice
- In a pot on high heat, bring sugar and water to a light boil until the sugar is completely dissolved and your mixture is clear. Turn off the fire, and throw in your sprigs of mint.
- Allow mint to steep for at least 15 minutes, then remove it from your simple syrup and discard. Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pour cooled mint-infused syrup into your blender along with the watermelon. Blend until mixture is is smooth and uniform.
- Strain mixture into a pitcher to get rid of the fruit bits.
- Add lemon juice to the pitcher, and stir.
- Serve immediately, over ice.
** Mini watermelon slices make a nice garnish, and are also very useful for stirring. And, if you leave them in your glass, they will soak up lemonade and be a tasty snack when you finish your drink.
Let Us Know What You Think