Recipe courtesy of Just Putzing Around the Kitchen
– 2 lbs seedless watermelon
– 1 cup cold water
– 2 tsp lime juice
– 1 tbsp simple syrup (See below for recipe)
– 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
(1) Mix 1/4 cup water with 1/4 cup sugar. Bring to bowl over medium-low heat and simmer, without stirring, until all sugar is dissolved.
(2) Remove from heat, then add 1 tbsp chopped mint. Let steep for 15 minutes, and set aside.
(1) Blend watermelon, lime juice, water, and simple syrup.
(2) Strain through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
(3) Serve over ice. Garnish with a mint to keep things classy.