- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (as with all ingredients make sure you use a gf brand)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt or garlic salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast strips
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cups packaged shredded broccoli-slaw mix
- ½ of a medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 6-8 brown rice tortillas
1. For peanut sauce, in a small saucepan combine sugar, peanut butter,?soy sauce, water, the 2 tablespoons cooking oil, and the garlic. Heat?until the sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Set aside.
Note: Depending on the brand of soy sauce and peanut butter you may? need to adjust the sugar!
2. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, add chicken and season evenly with salt and pepper.
3. In a large skillet heat the cooking oil. Cook and stir seasoned chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Add broccoli mix, onion, and ginger to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
4. To assemble, spread each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon of the?peanut sauce. Top with chicken strips and vegetable mixture. Roll up?each tortilla, secure with a toothpick, and serve immediately with?remaining sauce.
The sauce is thin and I absolutely loved it that way. My sister and I discussed thickening it, so the wraps would not be as messy, but I wouldn’t hear of it. You could also dip the wrap in the sauce instead. Note: I tried this again with a different brand of peanut butter and the sauce was thicker.
Recipe Courtesy: Dr. Stephen Wangen
Created by: Gluten Free Mommy
Let Us Know What You Think