- One 3-pound sweet pumpkin, quartered, seeded, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 cups GF vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Raizana DigesTea or your favorite losse-leaf blend
- ½ cup boiling water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- In a large dutch oven or stockpot, cover the pumpkin with the stock and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until the pumpkin is tender, about 35 minutes.
- In a cup, steep the tea with an infuser in the boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree the pumpkin soup in a blender and return it to the pot. Add the tea and bring to a simmer.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Garnish with chives and serve.
Let Us Know What You Think