I love the bright flavors of strawberry + basil in these fruity, frozen treats. Use any leftover simple syrup to make a strawberry basil martini, or to macerate freshly sliced strawberries which can be served over ice cream.
- 1 pound of ripe, organic strawberries
- 1 cup of sugar (or 3/4 cup coconut sugar, for Paleo-Friendly)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup lightly packed Thai lemon basil (or other basil)
- Heat sugar and water together in a saucepan over medium high heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add the basil and steep for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile stem and halve strawberries and puree in a blender or food processor. Stir in 1/2-3/4 cup basil simple syrup (strained to remove the basil), to taste.
- Pour into pop molds and freeze for 20 minutes. Insert sticks and freeze until solid, at least 3 hours.
Courtesy our friend Alison Needham, A Girl Defloured