- 4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper, and other spices. Stir in tomatoes with liquid, celery, bell pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, and jalapeno pepper.
- Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 5 to 6 hours.
Use forks to shred chicken if needed. Taste and add salt, pepper or Gluten Free hot sauce if needed. Serve over rice.