Pumpkin Squares or Bars, a deliciously easy recipe courtesy of: Taylor, Gluten Away
Every year for Thanksgiving or Christmas I always decide to come back to this one recipe. Every single person that’s tried it has said they didn’t know it was gluten-free which makes you know it’s good! These pumpkin squares are rich, fluffy, and have an amazing texture unlike any gluten-free baked good I’ve had before. I decided to repost this recipe once again because I felt like it’s one of the best recipes I make each year. It is by far my favorite and many people have said it’s their favorite too. If I could recommend any dessert recipe to make for Thanksgiving it would definitely be this. It’s easy to make and can be both gluten and dairy free! It’s a perfect gluten-free dessert recipe for Thanksgiving or really any time of year and is one that I guarantee you will enjoy.
Comments about this recipe:
“These are my families favorite! They can’t tell they’re GF and I LOVE them!”“I made this a few weeks ago and it only lasted three days! This is SO good!”“By far the best gluten free dessert I’ve made so far! Amazing!”
“THESE ARE AMAZING! I converted the recipe so it is now gluten, egg and dairy free! But not delicious free ???? replacing two eggs with 1/4 cup pumpkin puree makes them even more moist and pumpkin-y.”
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend (add 2 tsp xanthan gum if not included)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger or nutmeg
- Chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
- Cream cheese icing of your choice Click Here for Dairy Free Icing Recipe
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Take out an ungreased 10- by 15-inch baking pan (or, for a fluffier version, a 9- by 13-inch pan) and set aside. Beat together the eggs, pumpkin, sugar and oil until well blended.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, the ginger / nutmeg, and chocolate chips or raisins if you desire. Mix until smooth, then spread the batter in your pan. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Apply icing, enjoy!