Try this recipe for Gluten Free Pretzel-Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken from KC the G-Free Foodie – it’s easy to make and simply delicious!
I used the Honey Mustard Pretzels sent to me by the folks at Glutino to kick up the flavor in this crunchy baked chicken dish, but you could make it just as easily with your favorite plain GF pretzels too. This recipe would also work fabulously for chicken strips, just reduce the cooking time (I’d say 12-15 minutes, depending on thickness) and follow the steps to Flavortown.
If you try it (you should) I want to see pictures! Post them to Instagram or Twitter and tag @gfreefoodie please!
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces Glutino Gluten Free Honey Mustard Pretzels, coarsely crushed
- 1/3 cup olive or canola oil
- 1/2 cup GF whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the pretzel crumbs in a large, shallow bowl or pie plate.
- In a medium sized bowl or blender, stir the oil, mustard, honey & vinegar together. Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour half the mustard mixture into another large shallow dish or bowl. Coat each chicken breast fully in the mustard dressing and then dredge in the pretzel crumbs. Place chicken breast on a rimmed, prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Slice the chicken & serve with the remaining mustard dressing.
Recipe Credit: G-Free Foodie for Glutino