- 1/2 cup Pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds, fresh or thawed
- 1 6-oz. package long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds (optional)
Prepare wild rice mix according to package directions. Place oil in a medium skillet and heat until hot. Sauté apples, celery and onions for 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in raisins and almonds; cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
When rice is done, stir in sautéed mixture and the pomegranate juice over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and add pomegranate seeds.
Recipe Courtesy: Stiebs
Serve immediately as a rice pilaf, or use mixture to stuff a
5 to 7 pound roasting hen, two 3 1/2-pound roasting chickens, or an 8-pound turkey