- 4 whole Gluten Free Corn Tortillas
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeds And Membranes Removed, Finely Diced
- 4 whole Plum Tomatoes, Roughly Chopped
- 1 whole Green Pepper, Roughly Chopped
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Roughly Chopped
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Chopped
- 12 whole Large Eggs
- 1 cups Cotija Cheese, Grated (may Use Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Etc.)
- ⅓ cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Half-and-half
In a bowl, whisk together eggs and half & half. Salt and pepper eggs, then set aside.
In a small skillet over medium heat, heat oil and fry each corn tortilla just until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop tortillas and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the olive oil with the butter. Add onions and bell peppers and cook until starting to turn brown/black, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add in diced jalapenos and stir to combine. Add tomatoes to the skillet and stir around, then add tortilla pieces, stirring gently to combine.
Reduce heat to low.
When the heat has decreased, pour egg mixture into skillet. Stir gently to cook with the peppers, folding mixture very gently as it cooks. Add in grated cheese and chopped cilantro, and stir to combine. Serve with black beans and iced coffee.
Recipe Credit: The Pioneer Woman