This recipe for Maple-Thyme Gluten Free Corn Muffins is soy free, nut free and totally delicious!
For the Muffins:
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup ground cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream or 2% Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, extra large
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
For the Maple Thyme Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- Salt, one pinch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan and line with paper baking cups. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients including gluten-free flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and fresh thyme.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients including sour cream, butter, egg, maple syrup and milk.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Evenly distribute batter into the prepared muffin pan.
5. Place in oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. While the muffins are in oven, combine all ingredients for the glaze in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
7. Remove muffins from the oven. While still in pan, brush glaze over each muffin.
8. Serve warm. If serving at a later time, cool on wire rack, place in air-tight container, re-warm in oven, and brush with glaze just before serving.