- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 3/4 to 1 inch thick lamb chops (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 english cucumber
- 2 tablespoons mint jelly
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Stiebs Pomegranate Seeds, fresh or thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Mince garlic. Pat lamb chops dry.
In a small bowl stir together garlic, rosemary, mint, and 1 tablespoon oil. Rub mixture onto lamb and season with salt and pepper.
In a heavy non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook lamb chops 3 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare meat. Transfer lamb chops to plate.
Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet over moderate heat until golden.
Seed cucumber and cut into 1/4 inch dice.
In a bowl whisk together jelly, vinegar and oil until jelly is broken up into tiny pieces and add Pomegranate Seeds, mint and garlic tossing.
Season with salt and pepper. (Do not make salsa ahead or it will become watery.)
Top lamb with some salsa and serve remaining salsa on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Stiebs, Pomegranate Products.