- 3 firm yet ripe large nectarines, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup prosecco, champagne or other white wine
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese, chilled
- 1/4 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Gluten Free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios, walnuts or chopped dried cranberries
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Brush the nectarines with the wine. Grill until golden, tender and you have achieved beautiful grill marks, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, 6 minutes total. Remove from the grill and let cool slightly.
Add the mascarpone, whipping cream, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks appear.
Plate the grilled nectarines on a platter and top each with a dollop of whipped mascarpone and a sprinkling of chopped pistachios, walnuts or cranberries. Serve immediately.
Adapted from a recipe by Gina & Patrick Neely