1 double gluten-free pie crust
¼ cup maple sugar
3 tablespoons rice flour
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
5 cups fresh ripe peaches, sliced (if using frozen, then thaw fully)
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup maple syrup, for brushing crust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine maple sugar, rice flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Add sliced peaches and toss until dry ingredients are well dispersed over the peaches. Add vanilla and toss again just to coat.
4. Roll out the pie crust into two 9 or 10-inch circles, according to instructions. Press bottom crust into pie pan.
5. Fill bottom crust with peach mixture and cover with second crust. Crimp edges together and slit top crust in several places for steam to vent.
6. Chill pie in the freezer for about 30 minutes before baking.
7. Bake pie in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until it begins to turn golden.
8. Remove pie from oven and brush crust with maple syrup.
9. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes until pie is golden.
Recipe Courtesy: Tina Turbin