- a heaping 1 ¾ c rice flour, or flour mix
- ½ t xanthan gum
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 1 stick shortening, Earth Balance, or butter
- ½ c brown sugar
- ¼ c white sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ package GF chocolate chips
- nuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375. Mix sugars and shortening or butter until creamy.
2. Beat in egg, then dry ingredients except chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
3. Once smooth, add chips and nuts, and roll into balls
4. Flatten slightly
5. Bake 8-10 minutes
6. Let cool on cookie sheets
7. Remove and eat or store in air tight container.
Note: You can replace the egg with egg replacer or applesauce to make them vegan.
Recipe Courtesy: Tina Turbin