Recipe courtesy Gluten Away
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbs. coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup water (add at the very end to be able to adjust)
- Optional toppings: crush walnuts, pecans or semisweet chocolate chips (see link)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl put all ingredients EXCEPT WATER (besides walnuts or other toppings) and puree – about 3 minutes – scraping down sides as needed. You want it pretty smooth.
- If the batter appears too thick, add water a Tbsp or two at a time and pulse again. It should be slightly thick.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin. Optional: Sprinkle with crushed walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Remove with fork carefully and enjoy!