So I made something pretttty awesome for my boyfriends mom for mother’s day. I made a mini one for us as well, so I know how good it is. Hehe. Soooooo good. And soaking cashews for 5+ hours for this, is a must. Believe me. So start soaking 1 1/2 cups of cashews now! Then proceed to read the rest of this!
So here ya go. After you make it, let me know how you like it! By the way if you want to replace the blueberries for strawberries or raspberries, you can too!
(You will need a food processor for this )
Raw Blueberry Cheesecake
This raw blueberry cheesecake takes a little work but is so worth it - completely dairy and gluten-free! Try it with any berries for a delicious result.
For the crust :
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup walnuts (almonds or pecans would work too)
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked over night or at least 5 hours
- 1 cup blueberries (I used fresh, but you could also use frozen I suppose)
- 1/4- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Pour in ‘crust’ ingredients and pulse until the mixture sticks and holds together. Then place onto pan and form into a crust layer. I made my own shape, but you can put it in any shape you’d like. Even a heart if you’d like. Get creative.
- Then place all ingredients of filling in food processor, until very smooth, and pour on top of crust. Smooth out with a spatula, and then put into freezer to set, for at least 3 hours. And then, keep in refrigerator until time to serve. Enjoy! Hope ya’ll had a great weekend.
Article courtesy: Krysten Jorgensen, The Daily Kale